Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Style of my own...

Recently, haven't been blogging much...i finally revert my layout back to a normal and more comfortable one. I have been busy doing some self research and some drawings... and kinda determined my goal for the moment... Was browsing thru deviantart the other day and i saw some works by this person called Artgerm. He created this character called Miss Pepper and have a book released based on artworks submitted thru deviantart. He's a singaporean and also have a design firm named Imaginary Friend's Studios. Their scope of works are generally what i've been wanting to do... The magazine by this company is called Imagine, but its too expensive, so i think i might not be getting it anytime soon. Apparently, Cuson's work has been featured in this magazine as a guest artist as well. Arggh...how i wish i can be in their book!! LOL. (Gary wud know wat i mean.)

After feeling lost for so long...i finally roughly see... wat my future might be like...if it works well...LOL. Not tt its easy. His works is extremely illustrated and attractive. I've been trying to pick up a new program called Painter and is currently tryin to work on it while i find my touch in drawing again. This skill of mine had become so rigid that, when i hold my pencil, i have no idea wat to draw.... or, maybe...too much to draw... Well, i finally came up wif my own avatar that i'll be using to practice the program on. The dude is kinda rip off...but i guess i'll improve and find my own on the way....if i get too fussy wif the details...i might end up shelving this self assigned project again.

The final sketch is completed a couple of days ago, and i'm really happy with the appearance....wif my trademark rider belt and scarf that i like from kamen rider. Hopefully i can achieve something before this holidays end....Currently studying the mecha style of Hiroyuki Takei who drew Shaman King, and rendering technique of Cuson and Artgerm. I'm very much of a armor mecha dude...Gary wud know, cos he named my work ... Metal Grey series...hope i can convert it into a distinct style of my own...LOL!

Watched Bolt with brother and sister the other day...of cos Med was wif me as well... The initial part was really exciting and the whole storyline was really touching and cool. Really love this animation very much. I hope i'll be posting my new avatar drawing anitime soon if the program learning works well... And, its not really as great as it sounds...its a really simple avatar....